1751 First Avenue North
1997 to present: President/Director: Progressive Health Management DBA BayCare Health Management and BayCare Inverness.
Progressive Health Management, originated from CMHC’s or Community Mental-Health Centers. These centers were designed to provide an array of services, using a multidisciplinary approach to help improve client behaviors.
List of types of outpatient services:
· Mental health (various interventions)
· Substance Abuse (many levels)
· Domestic Violence (separate male and female)
· Anger Management (juvenile and adult)
· Hypnosis (beneficial with most behavioral issues)
· Family Counseling
· Couples Counseling
· Cognitive Therapy (thinking for change)
· Life Skills
· Employee Assistance Programs
Services were provided in Polk, Pinellas and Citrus Counties by many types of licensed and or certified professional counselors.
1994 – 1999: President: Florida Medical Pain Clinic /BayCare at Lakeland.
Community Mental-Health Centers (CMHC) or Partial Hospitalization Programs
Were programs designed to provide a cost-effective, viable alternative to psychiatric hospitals. This 5 day a week, intensive outpatient programs were for those individuals who would inevitably become hospitalized because of their severe mental health disorders.
Using a multidisciplinary approach with various types of physicians and other professionals proved to be a very effective way of improving most patients’ stability and mental-health.
Services were provided in Polk, Pinellas and Hernando
1997 – 2001: President: Florida Medical Pain Clinic
Provider of mental-health services (psychiatric and psychological) for over 50 nursing homes and assisted-living facilities including 28, of Genesis facilities throughout the state of Florida.
1989 – 1997: President: Florida Medical Group (management company)
for Florida Medical Pain Clinic, Florida Medical Brooksville, Florida Medical
Northbay, Florida Medical Connection and Florida Medical Specialist.
Florida Medical Group contracted with various hospitals to provide anesthesia and or pain management services for those facilities. From recruiting, the anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist to developing the policy and procedures for those contracted facilities. In addition recruited and provided locum tenens (part-time) and full-time anesthesia personnel for other facilities.
· Insurance Underwriting
· Real Estate
· Pain Management
· Life Office Management Association (LOMA)
· Life Underwriters Training Council
· Domestic Violence (state certified)
· Couples Relationships (PAIIRS)
· Substance Abuse
· Anger Management
Past and Current Memberships:
· Florida's Society of Anesthesia Managers
· American Academy of Pain Management
· The Society for Pain Practice Management
· ORNDA task force on hospital-based multidisciplinary pain management.
BayCare Health Management
WestCare - Davis/Bradley Bldg.
Service Location - Outpatient Entrance
1735. Dr. Martin Luther King Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Tel. (727) 471-8087
Fax (727) 498-0911